The following are excerpts from a lengthy report submitted to Secretary of State John Kerry by the Knights of Columbus and In Defense of Christians – March 9, 2016.
It would be a good idea for every awakened Christian to download and read the full report at http://www.stopthechristiangenocide.org/en/index.html
Below are some of the key points found in the report.
- ISIS is committing genocide — the “crime of crimes” — against Christians and other religious groups in Syria, Iraq and Libya. It is time for the United States to join the rest of the world by naming it and by taking action against it as required by law.
- Secretary of State John Kerry in August 2014 stated: “ISIL’s campaign of terror against the innocent, including Yezidi (sic) and Christian minorities, and its grotesque and targeted acts of violence bear all the warning signs and hallmarks of genocide.” Pope Francis and Cyril, Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, have decried the genocide in these countries against Christians and other religious groups. Most movingly, archbishops and patriarchs of ancient Christian communities in Syria and Iraq have spoken out clearly against this crime and cried over the blood of their people and ISIS’ efforts to rid their homelands forever of the Christian faithful.
- ISIS’ magazine is called Dabiq, named after the place where ISIS believes it will win a battle against the army of Rome. It routinely refers to Dabiq as the location where it will destroy the “Crusader army,” an unmistakable Christian reference. The magazine last year published a picture of Pope Francis, captioning him as “the crusader pope.” Dabiq proclaims ISIS’ intention to destroy Christians:
We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women, by the permission of Allah, the Exalted. This is His promise to us; He is glorified and He does not fail in His promise. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market. Finally, this certainty is the one that should pulse in the heart of every mujahid from the Islamic State and every supporter outside until he fights the Roman crusaders near Dabiq.
It has also stated:
And nothing changes for the Islamic State, as it will continue to pronounce takfar [abandonment of Islam] upon the Jews, the Christians, the pagans, and the apostates from the Rafidah, the Nusayriyyah, the Sahwah, and the tawaghat [disbelievers]. It will continue to wage war against the apostates until they repent from apostasy. It will continue to wage war against the pagans until they accept Islam. It will continue to wage war against the Jewish state until the Jews hide behind their gharqad trees. And it will continue to wage war against the Christians until the truce decreed sometime before the Malhamah. Thereafter, the slave markets will commence in Rome by Allah’s power and might.
- Like the Yazidis, Christian women face sexual slavery, a main tool the “Caliphate” uses to recruit young men and to exterminate religious groups. A now infamous ISIS slave menu lists the prices by age for “Christian or Yazidi” women on sale in their slave markets.
- Melkite Catholic Archbishop Jean-Clément Jeanbart of Aleppo estimates the number of Christians kidnapped and/or killed in his city as in the hundreds, with as many as “thousands” killed throughout Syria.
- What ISIS calls jizya is not comparable to the historical understanding of that term. Rather, jizya — like so many theological concepts that ISIS holds — can mean something contrary to historic Islamic practice, or it can mean nothing at all. As used by ISIS, it is almost always a term for extortion and a prelude or postscript to ISIS violence against Christians.
- ISIS Caliph Abu Omar al-Baghdadi has admitted for nearly a decade that Christians no longer qualify for the historical protection offered by Islamic law. And under his leadership, during the Islamic State’s attack on Our Lady of Salvation Church in Baghdad in 2010,13
“the gunmen made at least four claims [justifications] for the killings, two general and two specific: all of the Christians were infidels; it is permitted to kill them; the killing was in retaliation for the burning of a Koran by an American pastor, and was also in retaliation for the alleged imprisonment of two supposed Muslim women converts in Egypt.”
- Patriarch Kirill stated, “Recently, politicians have started to admit that mass killings and banishment of Christians and taking them as hostages are a real genocide committed on confessional grounds in this region. An attempt to expel Christianity from the Middle East is a tragedy of historic scale that affects the whole world.”
- The silence from State in the face of all this evidence has been deafening. Unfortunately, it is not unexpected. The United States Government has a long history of remaining silent in the face of the obvious.
- Because ISIS is “not a military structure to be defeated,” but rather a “social, cultural, to a degree economic and definitely religious phenomenon” in one of the most geopolitically unstable parts of the world, the task going forward is particularly
- Thousands of Christians, Yazidis, Shia and Sunni Muslims, Turkmen, Shabaks, Sabean-Mandeans, Kaka’en Kurds, and Jews have been – and will continue to be – targeted for extermination because of their religion by a well-financed and highly-organized network of criminal gangs.
- ELEMENTS OF THE CRIME OF GENOCIDE UNDER FEDERAL &
- (Also recognize as you read this that the same conditions outlined below to define Genocide apply to Abortion taking place in the United States)
- 18 U.S.C. §1091 Article II of the Genocide Convention
with the specific intent to destroy committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in substantial part, in whole or in part a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group — as such:
(1) kills members of that group; (a) Killing members of the group;
(2) causes serious bodily injury to members of
(b) Causing serious bodily or
(3) causes the permanent impairment of the
mental faculties of members of the group
through drugs, torture, or similar techniques;
mental harm to members of the group;
(4) subjects the group to conditions of life that
are intended to cause the physical destruction
of the group in whole or in part;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group
conditions of life calculated to bring about
its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(5) imposes measures intended application to
prevent births within the group; or
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent
births within the group;
(6) transfers by force children of the group to
(e) Forcibly transferring children
U.S. Army Cav Scouts Marking I.S.I.S. targets For Close Air Support In Iraq
We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women . . . .ISIS Spokesman, Shaykh Aba Muhammad al-‘Adnana ash-Shama
His cold eyes stared at me. At last, he said wearily: “I have more faith in Hitler than in anyone else. He alone has kept his promises, all his promises, to the Jewish people.” Elie Wiesel, NIGHT
- Just as prominent, or perhaps more so, were reports of rape by ISIS fighters. ISIS is estimated to have taken over 1,500 Yazidi and Christian girls as sex slaves. They are bought and sold on an open slave market, and are often raped in rapid succession by a number of fighters in a single night.
- One Christian man from Mosul committed suicide after ISIS fighters brutally raped his wife and daughter in front of him. Another woman was victimized so often that she resorted to defecating on herself to make herself less desirable, and had to be trained to use the bathroom again after she escaped. Outside Aleppo, Syria, two women were publicly raped when they refused to convert from Christianity before they were beheaded.
- The stories we heard of the dozens of men and women who converted to Islam after being deprived of food and water, and being beaten and threatened with death are also instances of mental harm. Although the torture in itself is enough to affect one’s mental state, the violation of conscience—the spiritual rape—involved in a conversion through force works a state of mental and spiritual unrest that is difficult to put into words. Conscience is the place where we are alone with God, and a conversion that occurs against one’s will introduces fear, uncertainty, guilt, and shame into the most important and intimate relationship one can experience. Few violations can cut as deeply.
- ISIS, in other words, kept their Christian victims in a state of constant fear and mental anguish, of physical squalor, and where they did not simply kill them, ISIS generally operated with extreme indifference or hostility to the survival and well-being of its Christian victims.
It is the religious phenomenon that concerns us here. ISIS leaders adhere to a Wahhabi-Salafi interpretation of Islamic Law. It is a group that rejects not only the post-World War I division of the Middle East by the European powers and the concept of nation-state, but also the very idea of religious diversity. For the leaders of ISIS, the world is divided neatly into the land of the “believers” and those occupied by takfiri (apostates), Rafidi (Shia Muslims), Crusaders(Christians), and kuffar (infidels/nonbelievers).
And, like a cancer, it is it is spreading outward from the Middle East into every corner of the globe – including the United States.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL 278 PAGE REPORT AT: http://www.stopthechristiangenocide.org/en/index.html