80 Meters Amateur Ham Radio Band (3.500 – 4.000 MHz)
Tuning of the 80 meters radio amateur band on Icom IC-R8500 receiver.
OT5A, a guided tour of the 80-meter band ham radio station.
Piet, ON5PVH shows you around at the 80-meter station at OT5A, the Multi-Multi contest station of the Lierse Radioamateurs.
This clubstation is located on a WW I fortress.
I you dreamed of operating a BIG GUN in the CQWW and WPX DX contest, you should watch this video. OT5A welcomes guest-operators. The presentation in dutch has been interpreted to English. More info at www.ot5a.org
Yaesu FRG7 Bandscanning on 80 meter ham radio band.
- Made in the USA
- 60 Meters – 7 MHz / 80 Meters – 3.5 MHz
- Made from #14 7/22 stranded hard-drawn copper wire
- Will handle up to 1500 Watts with SWR below 2:1
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- The Frequency Devices Half Wave Center Fed Dipole antenna with Balun can be used on any frequency from 7 MHz to 3.5 MHz (60 Meters to 80 Meters). It uses #14 7/22 stranded hard-drawn copper wire to meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code and have the best radiation efficiency. The antenna has been tested to withstand 100 pounds of strain over time without breaking. It can be installed as an inverted V or as a straight dipole. Antenna resonant frequency will vary with how high you hang the antenna and what kinds of buildings or trees are near the antenna. This means that an antenna tested at the factory out in the clear and up in the air may test fine at the factory and not work at your location. The Frequency Devices antennas come with the ends unterminated and ready for tuning at your site and under your conditions. They come with complete simple instructions on how to adjust the length for proper tuning of the antenna. You only need a SWR meter to adjust them – something that is built into most modern transmitters. Our antennas are built using 18-8 stainless steel hardware, all internal nuts are self-locking, and all holes are sealed with RTV sealent. These antennas are made in our factory in Ottawa, Illinois and shipped directly to you through the US Post Office. This antenna comes with about 138 feet of wire. Bill Franklin, K9EIF
Super Antenna MP1DXTR80 HF SuperWhip Tripod All Band 80m MP1 Antenna with Clamp Mount and Go Bag ham radio amateur
- THIS IS: The maximum Super Antenna Go Bag setup with 80 meters. The new ruggedized upgraded version of the MP1 SUPER ANTENNA, with TRIPOD, UNIVERSAL MOUNT, TITANIUM SUPER-WHIP, plus 80 METER COIL, and GO BAG. The #1 HF Portable Vertical Antenna worldwide. This package includes the entire /portable /backpack /base /travel antenna system for Ham Radio. Operators who demand top performance choose the MP1DXTR80 for transmitting and receiving on HF and VHF radio frequencies.
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: MP1B Super Antenna + SW1 Titanium SuperWhip + TM1 Low Profile Tripod + UM2 SuperMount + MC80 Coil + MR4010 Super Radial Set + MR8075 Radial + MR642 Radial Set + FG1 SWR Ruler + GB1 Super Go Bag. Everything collapses down to pack into the stealth black Go Bag zip case, which features internal velcro pockets, hidden secret pockets, and MOLLE/PALS compatibility.
- SIZE: Total antenna extended length 7ft (2.13m). Antenna Collapsed Size: 12 inches(30cm). Go Bag Size: 13″x9″x3.5″ (33x23x9cm) WEIGHT: Antenna itself weighs 1 pound (0.4kg). Antenna with everything in the Go Bag totals 5 pounds. Power Rating: 500W SSB, 300W CW/DATA. EFFICIENCY: Within 1dB of a full size quarterwave vertical antenna on 20 meters (as measured at the HFpack Shootout). COMPATIBILITY: Fully compatible with all Amateur Radio transceivers. CONNECTOR: SO-239 (PL259 compatible 50 ohms).
- FREQUENCIES: ALL BANDS 80m, 75m, 40m, 30m, 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 11m, 10m meters (3.5MHz to 4.8MHz and 7MHz-30MHz) HF, plus VHF 6m/4m/2meters (30MHz-467MHz) & UHF, with a good SWR. Continuously tunes all frequencies Marine, Government, NGO, CAP, MARS, EmComm, Shortwave, CB, MURS, Weather, FM, Scanner, and everything in between. Antenna tunes by manual slip knob of the SuperSlider Coil, with no need for external power, separate antenna tuner, or analyzer.
- FEATURES: This durable SuperWhip features an amazing new indestructible Titanium metal alloy, so flexible that it can be rolled up in an 12 inch diameter circle and stowed in the GB1 Super Go Bag. The TM1 Low Profile Tripod sets up on any flat surface. The UM2 SuperMount clamps to most surfaces, fences, ladders, tables, benches, railings, or attaches with included U-bolt to any 1.25″ pipe, post, or balcony railing.
- USB, LSB, CW, RTTY(FSK) and AM modes are built-in
- 0.03-29.999999 MHz* general coverage receive capability. *Guaranteed range: 0.5-29.999999 MHz
- Total 101 memory channels are available
- The DSP includes the following to give you superior receiver quality in your shack, vehicle or during DX’pedition.
- Level adjustable noise blanker – RF attenuator and Pre-amplifier – Variety of scanning function types
The HF bands allow you to communicate over long distances covering many km even to the other side of the world. With the superior performance found in the IC-718 such as wide dvnamic range, high C/N ratio, and full duty operation you will find making these contacts easy. Experience the combination of the latest RF and digital technology, along with the size and simplified operation. You will see the IC-718 will be the most practical rig you will ever own. The IC-718 has a speaker mounted on the front panel. With the speaker facing the operator, audio sounds can be clearly heard without impediment during operation. It is no longer necessary to manually increase the volume to try and capture audio sounds. The IC-718 has 0.03-29.999999 MHz* general coverage receive capability. A 4-element system is employed for the 1st receive mixer, providing superior receive IMD, especially from in-band near-by interfering signals. A well-designed double-conversion system to help minimize image and spurious responses for better signal fidelity, is also built-in. A newly designed PLL circuit has been adopted to improve C/N ratio characteristics. The combination of the 4-element system mixer and new PLL circuit allows superior basic performance as that of a commercial grade transceiver. *Guaranteed range: 0.5-29.999999 MHz.
- Coverage: 160-6m, 2m and 70cm – Modes: SSB/CW/FM/RTTY/PSK/C4FM – 32 Bit High Speed Floating Point IF DSP
- 160-6 meter Built-in Autotuner – IF Width & IF Shift – Contour & IF Notch
- 100 Watts HF/6M 50 Watts 2M/70cm – High Speed Spectrum Scope
- 3.5″ TFT Touch Panel – 3 kHz & 15 kHz Roofing Filters
- Digital Noise Reduction – System Fusion C4FM Digital
- The Yaesu FT-991 provides sophisticated operation on 160 to 6 meters plus coverage of 2 meters and 70 cm! The 60 meter band is supported. Here is a compact, lightweight package suitable for portable, mobile and base installations. The built-in antenna tuner (for 160-6m) uses a LC switching network that features a 100 channel memory to reduce tuning time when changing frequency. The FT-991 comes standard with a ± 0.5 PPM high resolution DDS/PLL local oscillator to provide stability for demanding digital modes. Measuring 8.8″(W) x 3″(H) x 9.9″(L) at just 9.7 pounds this robust full featured mobile/portable radio is ready to go when and where you are! The rear panel has two antenna inputs: HF/50 and 144/430. The FT-991 is supplied with the MH-31A8J hand mic, DC cord, 25 Amp spare fuse and manual.