2 Meter VHF Amateur Ham Radio Band (144 – 148 MHz)
A popular landing spot for most new amateur radio operators is the two meter band. With the popularity of inexpensive handheld radios like this one, and the proliferation of two meter repeaters, it’s no wonder this is the new Technician’s first experience with ham radio. But the 2 meter band isn’t all voice and repeaters. Today we are going to talk about band plans, how they organize the two meter band, and what you can expect to find in between 144 and 148 Mhz.
- 2M VHF mobile Amateur Radio, Transmits 144-148Mhz, Receives 136-174Mhz.
- 200 AlphaNumeric Memory channels, ctcss/dcs (PL & DPL), NOAA Weather Alert.
- Four power levels: 75, 30, 10 & 5 watts output selectable, Scan & Search functions.
- Lighted Keypad Microphone w/ Direct Frequecy entry.
- Includes 13.8Vdc power cord, microphone & mounting Bracket. Requires a suitable Optional 2 meter Antenna, Power Requirement 13.8Vdc at 14 Amps.
- 65 Watt Heavy Duty Two Way VHF Mobile Transceiver with ctcss/dcs (PL & DPL).
- 200 Alphanumeric Channels, Full Keypad Microphone. Cool-Blue Display Backlight. Includes mounting bracket & fused power Cable.
- Features 3 Selectable Power levels, DTMF, Keypad lock, Scan modes & more!
- Requires Optional Suitable VHF Antenna, & hookup to 12-14Vdc ( 12-14A)
- Rugged compact contruction, High Power= 65 Wts, Alphanumeric LCD
- 200 Memory Channel, 6 alphanumeric characters offers 100 memory channels
- CTCSS/DTCS Enconder/Decoder, Weather Alert/RX
- Meets MIL-STD 810 C, D, E, F and G environmental standards for vibration and shock
BTECH MINI UV-2501+220 (Gen. 2) 25 Watt Tri Band Base, Mobile Radio: 136-174mhz (VHF), 210-230mhz (1.25M), 400-520mhz (UHF) Amateur (Ham)
- 13.8V Operating Voltage Source Required – Scrambler/Inversion Chipset, DTMF, 5Tone, 2Tone, CTCSS, and DCS Calling Modes Supported (Remote Kill/Stun Supported)
- High / Low Power Settings (Selectable after Programming and by Keypad): VHF Power is up to 25 watts 1.25M and UHF Power up to 20 watts. Frequency Range: 65-108 MHz(Only commercial FM radio reception) VHF: 136-174 MHz, VHF 1.25M (210-230Mhz), and UHF 400-520 MHz; Wideband (Broad) / Narrowband (Narrow) Selectable
- Recommended Accessories: Pair UV-2501+220 with the Nagoya TB-320A Antenna for easy installation. The PC04 FTDI Cable is recommended for easy computer programming
- Dual Watch monitoring VHF/UHF and 220Mhz: The 220 MHz band antenna lowpass filter is switched with a relay and the 2 meter lowpass filter and 70 cm highpass filters are switched with PIN diodes – resulting in a audible relay switch noise when monitoring 220MHz with VHF/UHF simultaneously. A relay that completely isolated the 220 MHz RF filter won’t impact the RF performance of the 2 meter/70 cm bands. If monitoring dual 220MHz or VHF/UHF simultaneously the relay is not heard or used.
- Kit Includes: BTECH UV-2501+220, Speaker Mic, 6 foot DC Cable with Cigarette Plug Connector, Radio & Mic Brackets, Mounting Hardware, and User Guide
- * Can Be Used In On Roof, Attic or Indoor/Outdoor! Approx 4ft Tall!
- * VHF/UHF Dual Band Gain Base Antenna Great for 2 Meter & 70cm Amateur Bands!
- * Handles Up to 300 Watts, Pretuned, 3.5/6.0 dB Gain!
- * Includes U-Clamps for Mounting To An Optional Mast Pipe! Genuine ANLI Brand Item!
- * Accepts Any Optional Lengths of Coax Cable w/PL-259 Connector.
BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery
- Baofeng Tech is the only authorized USA Baofeng Distributor to honor the Manufacturer Warranty. Only Baofeng Tech offers warranty claims without shipping anything to China. You must insure that Baofeng Tech is your selected buying option when buying to be able to have the full USA warranty.
- High / Med / Low Power Settings (8W/4W/1W); Frequency Range: 65-108 MHz(Only commercial FM radio reception) VHF: 136-174 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 400-520 MHz(Rx/Tx); Broad (Wide) / Narrowband (Narrow) Selectable
- Whats different from the BF-F9 v2+? The BF-F9 v2+ has old firmware. We have rejected firmware – which will get put into different radios “clones” at lower prices. The BF-F9 v2+ is always imported by sea and not air – by the time it even hits the market – it is already MONTHS outdated. The BF-F9 v2+ does not include the high gain antenna. The BF-F9 v2+ has a small 1500mAh battery (our battery is 30% larger). It does not include the earpiece or the full in-depth user manual.
- A PC03 FTDI Programming Cable is Recommended for Easier PC Programming
- Helpful BaoFeng Guides and Programming Tips at Miklor.com
Tram 1154 Black VHF Land Mobile and Ham Radio Magnet 5/8 Wave Pre-Tuned 140-175 MHz Antenna for Motorola Kenwood Icom Vertex Blackbox HYT Hytera
- Tram 1154 Land Mobile and Ham Radio Antenna
- Frequency 140-175 MHz, 5 MHz Bandwidth
- 3dB Gain – 5/8 Wave Design
- 15Ft of RG-58A/U Coax
- 3.5″ Magnet Mount. 49 Inch Max Length Whip Antenna