160 Meters Amateur Ham Radio Band (1.800 – 2.000 MHz)
Tutorial on the 160 meters amateur radio band.
Home lot inverted L for 160 meters.
Antennas for Difficult Situations: Ask Dave Episode 7
- 102 feet long, shorter than 80 Meter dipole. Use as inverted vee or sloper to be more compact. Use on 160 Meters as Marconi with tuner and ground. Handles full legal limit power. Add coax feedline — get on the air!
- Covers all bands, 160-10 Meters w/ Antenna Tuner.
The Inverted “L” is a 1/4-wave Marconi, fed against ground or a counterpoise such as radials. The antenna displays a low feed impedance, which allow you to feed it directly with 50-ohm coax cable.The vertical section should be as high as possible, with the remainder of the antenna run horizontally to a support, such as a tree or a mast. If one has a good RF ground, simply drive a suitable ground rod and attach the short end of the balun directly to the ground rod. The balun must be vertical to prevent moisture build up. An array of 20 #18 copper wires, 25-30 feet long – attached to the ground rod, will provide an excellent counter poise. (NOT INCLUDED)
The 1:1 balun is DC grounded, preventing static build up on the antenna. A high quality antenna tuner will allow this antenna to work multiple bands.The W2AU is the preferred Balun of Amateurs worldwide. PolyS-18, Poly-STEALTH High Strength Aerial Wires are manufactured with high strength, high conductivity Bare Copper-Clad Steel (BCCS) and insulated with a high quality UV Resistant Polyethylene to provide you with one of the strongest and longest lasting antenna wires on the market today. Advantages to Poly-STEALTH TM High Strength Aerial Wires: Ideal balance of strength and flexibility Low-Gloss finish and small size makes wire disappear into the background Superior abrasion resistance for running through trees UV & Weather resistant for use on the seacoast or in other harsh environments subjected to acid rain, high wind, or high snow and ice loads.
The NI4L 160L will come fully assembled, complete and ready to go with W2AU balun, 123′ Poly Stealth 18 wire, 2 end insulators and crimped center and end connections. Add your 50 Ohm coaxial feedline, counterpoise, suspension rope and go. Can be used as a end fed shortwave antenna to provide continuous coverage from 500 kHz to 60 MHz. SWL NOTE *** A wide range tuner may be needed to tune this antenna to 160-6 meters.
- Frequency Range: 10-160 Meters
- HF Multi Band Wire Antenna
- Fully Assembled, Ready to Install
- Length: 204 Ft Long
- 204′ overall length 10-160 meters with antenna tuner Fully assembled 100′ of rope included Built with Ten-Tec’s quality Acro-Bat center insulator Stranded 450 ohm ladderline 14 gauge stranded antenna wire Capable of 1500 watts Strain relief on both ends of the ladderline Longer Jetstream Super Dog end insulators Maybe installed as a flat top or a inverted V.
- Coverage: 160-6m, 2m and 70cm – Modes: SSB/CW/FM/RTTY/PSK/C4FM – 32 Bit High Speed Floating Point IF DSP
- 160-6 meter Built-in Autotuner – IF Width & IF Shift – Contour & IF Notch
- 100 Watts HF/6M 50 Watts 2M/70cm – High Speed Spectrum Scope
- 3.5″ TFT Touch Panel – 3 kHz & 15 kHz Roofing Filters
- Digital Noise Reduction – System Fusion C4FM Digital
- The Yaesu FT-991 provides sophisticated operation on 160 to 6 meters plus coverage of 2 meters and 70 cm! The 60 meter band is supported. Here is a compact, lightweight package suitable for portable, mobile and base installations. The built-in antenna tuner (for 160-6m) uses a LC switching network that features a 100 channel memory to reduce tuning time when changing frequency. The FT-991 comes standard with a ± 0.5 PPM high resolution DDS/PLL local oscillator to provide stability for demanding digital modes. Measuring 8.8″(W) x 3″(H) x 9.9″(L) at just 9.7 pounds this robust full featured mobile/portable radio is ready to go when and where you are! The rear panel has two antenna inputs: HF/50 and 144/430. The FT-991 is supplied with the MH-31A8J hand mic, DC cord, 25 Amp spare fuse and manual.
Yaesu FT-991 Accessory Pack Bundle – – Yaesu MD-100A8X Microphone – LDG YT1200 Tuner – Samlex SEC 1235 Power Supply – Yaesu MMB-90 Bracket – USB Cable and Ham Guides TM Pocket Reference Card Bundle!
- Radio not included. This is an accessory pack bundle only!
- Yaesu MD-100A8X Desktop Microphone and Yaesu MMB-90 Mobile Mounting Bracket Included
- LDG YT-1200 Antenna Tuner Included
- Samlex SEC-1235 Power Supply Included
- Ham Guides TM Quick Reference Pocket Card Included.
- This bundle includes the most popular accessories used with the Yaesu FT-991 Radio: Yaesu MD-100A8X Desktop Microphone – LDG YT-1200 Tuner – Samlex SEC-1235 Power Supply – Yaesu MMB-90 Mobile Mounting Bracket – USB Cable and Ham Guides TM Pocket Reference Card