15 Meter Amateur Ham Radio Band (21.000 – 21.450 MHz)
ZF2AH in the Cayman Islands in SSB DX QSOs with stations in Japan and Alaska during an opening on the 15 Meters Ham Radio band. These DX QSOs were recorded using a Yaesu FT-950 transceiver and a ground mounted Hustler 4BTV vertical antenna at ham radio station WE5I. The distance from WE5I to CX4BW is approximately 1480 miles.
In this video, CU2KI in the Azores makes SSB DX QSOs on the 15 Meters Ham Radio band during a sustained opening on F2 propagation. The radio at WE5I is a Yaesu FT-950 connected to a Hustler 4BTV vertical antenna.
- Made in the USA
- 15 Meters / 21 MHz
- Made from #14 7/22 stranded hard-drawn copper wire
- Will handle up to 1500 Watts with SWR below 2:1
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- The Frequency Devices Half Wave Center Fed Dipole antenna with Balun is tuned to 21 MHz (15 Meters). It uses #14 7/22 stranded hard-drawn copper wire to meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code and have the best radiation efficiency. The antenna has been tested to withstand 100 pounds of strain over time without breaking. It can be installed as an inverted V or as a straight dipole. Antenna resonant frequency will vary with how high you hang the antenna and what kinds of buildings or trees are near the antenna. This means that an antenna tested at the factory out in the clear and up in the air may test fine at the factory and not work at your location. Our antennas are built using 18-8 stainless steel hardware, all internal nuts are self-locking, all screw holes are sealed with RTV sealant, and other holes are sealed with Coax-SealTM. These antennas are made in our factory in Ottawa, Illinois and shipped directly to you through the US Post Office. This antenna is about 22 feet long. Bill Franklin, K9EIF
- Coverage: 160-6m, 2m and 70cm – Modes: SSB/CW/FM/RTTY/PSK/C4FM – 32 Bit High Speed Floating Point IF DSP
- 160-6 meter Built-in Autotuner – IF Width & IF Shift – Contour & IF Notch
- 100 Watts HF/6M 50 Watts 2M/70cm – High Speed Spectrum Scope
- 3.5″ TFT Touch Panel – 3 kHz & 15 kHz Roofing Filters
- Digital Noise Reduction – System Fusion C4FM Digital
- The Yaesu FT-991 provides sophisticated operation on 160 to 6 meters plus coverage of 2 meters and 70 cm! The 60 meter band is supported. Here is a compact, lightweight package suitable for portable, mobile and base installations. The built-in antenna tuner (for 160-6m) uses a LC switching network that features a 100 channel memory to reduce tuning time when changing frequency. The FT-991 comes standard with a ± 0.5 PPM high resolution DDS/PLL local oscillator to provide stability for demanding digital modes. Measuring 8.8″(W) x 3″(H) x 9.9″(L) at just 9.7 pounds this robust full featured mobile/portable radio is ready to go when and where you are! The rear panel has two antenna inputs: HF/50 and 144/430. The FT-991 is supplied with the MH-31A8J hand mic, DC cord, 25 Amp spare fuse and manual.
- Compact, Tri-Band 10/15/20 Meters, HF Beam, 3 Element Base Station Antenna
- Construction: Aluminum
- Max Power: 600 Watts PEP
- Connector: Recessed UHF (SO-239)
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Warranty.
- Hy-Gain TH-3JRS – Compact Tri-Band 10/15/20 Meter HF Beam Base Antenna w/ 3 Warranty. The TH3JR-S antenna was designed for the Ham who has space limitations but still wants top performance on 10, 15 and 20 meters. The TH3JR-S is constructed of taper-swaged aluminum tubing which offers low wind resistance. It can be rotated with a heavy-duty TV rotator. The light weight is ideal for rooftop or lightweight tower installations. The antenna features super strength stainless steel hardware and a boom-to-mast bracket that will fit masts (not Included) up to 2 inches in diameter.
- Operates Amateur 160 – 10 Meters, 50 MHz, 144 MHz, 430-450 MHz, plus Alaska Emergency Channel of 5167.5 kHz.
- Receives approx 100 kHz – 56 MHz, 76 – 154 MHz & 420 – 470 MHz.
- 5 Watt output, Bar Graph Power/SWR Modl Meter, Built In VOX, CTCSS & DCS.
- Spectrum Scope, CW Keyer, 200chAlphaNumeric memory.
- Front and Rear Panel Antenna Connectors (BNC/ Front & M [SO-239] / Back)